How to bypass and reset the ALOM password on Sun Fire V125/V210/V215/V240/V245/V250/V440/V445 and Sun Netra 210/240/440 Servers.
Use scadm utility to reset the admin password:
# cd /usr/bin/cd /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin
# ./scadm userpassword admin
Return to the ALOM login prompt
Now, login into the “admin” account using the new password
If the SCADM not available, download the RSC software from MOS:
RSC Software Download (steps to download the latest RSC software):
1. Login to MOS and select “Patches and Updates Tab”
2. In “Patch Search” on the Top right panel, Click on “Product or Family (Advanced Search)”
3. In the “Product Is” pull-down select “Sun remote System Control”??
4. In the next pull down “Release is” select the RSC version (2.2.2 or 2.2.3).
5. Select OS and click “Search” (will get a list with RSC releases & patches)
6. Select the desired RSC Release (packages) or patch
7. Click Download on the Right
The packages for Solaris 8 and 9 (and later) are both in the zip file. There are two options of the zip file, 32bit, and 64bit, but they both have the same checksums, so there are no differences: p10264452_223_SOLARIS64.zip (p10264451_223_SOLARIS.zip)
Install the software as you would any Package with pkgadd.
Command syntax is same:
#/usr/platform/`uname -i`/rsc/rscadm userpassword admin
[To reconfigure the card run the command:
# usr/platform/`uname -i`/rsc/rsc-config
[If you had installed the software before and believe the card is configured check the setup:
# usr/platform/`uname -i`/rsc/rscadm show